DET Verifier for IECC Verification
Illinois state energy code requires blower door and duct leakage testing on every new home. The MHPA's DET Verifier certification is recognized (along with BPI, HERS, and WAP Certification) to demonstrate blower door and duct tightness test competence. See the list of certified professionals in Illinois here. DET Verifiers are trained and quality-assured on an annual basis to:
- Perform Blower Door Testing on new homes for 2015 IECC
- Perform Duct Leakage Testing on new homes for 2015 IECC
- Interpret both of these tests for IL Energy Code compliance
This 1-day course is designed by the Midwest Home Performance Association (MHPA) to introduce the skills necessary to become a Duct and Envelope Tightness (DET) Verifier, certified to perform the diagnostic testing required for new homes by the 2015 IL Energy Code. If you've been thinking about getting BPI or HERS Certified but can't yet make the investment, this DET Verifier certification can be your bridge into offering home performance testing services.
After successful completion of this course, you will be able to test the leakage of a building envelope and duct system, and evaluate the results as measured against Illinois code requirements. Specific topics include:
- Protocols for blower door and duct leakage testing
- Calculations for ACH50 and percent duct leakage
- Tips for successfully completing the written and in-field DET Verifier certification exams (must pass with a 75% on both written and field exams)
This Training Includes:
Watch the following training videos:
- DET Verifier Training Workbook
- Written DET Verifier exam
- In-field DET Verifier exam
- Certificate of course completion
...and take the DET VERIFIER MATH QUIZ
Students must bring a calculator for the field and written exam
Reviews from past DET Verifier Training Participants:
"You did an incredible job. Learned more in 8 hrs than I have in other classes that I have taken elsewhere."
"At first I was a little nervous about the word 'geometry', but in the end it was all math I knew. The amount of time we were able to work hands-on with the controls left me being able to set up the blower door and duct blaster with ease. "
Register for the DET Verifier Certification Trainings at:
Click Here to Sign Up
For more about the 2015 IECC visit: